- Co-Director of the graduate program in Learning Sciences and Technologies, June 2010-2015.
- Associate Professor, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 2008-2014.
- Assistant Professor, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Computer Science Department, 2002-2008.
- Post-Doctoral Researcher, Human-Computer Interaction Institute, School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University, 2001-2002.
- Graduate Student, Carnegie Mellon University, 1999-2001.
- Math and Science Teacher, Ephraim Curtis Middle School, Sudbury Public Schools, 1998-1999.
- Took a year off and battled a brain tumor. Read about it in the Boston Globe.
- Graduate Student, Carnegie Mellon University, Computer Science, 1995-98.
- Teach for America fellow. Middle school math and science teacher in Baltimore City, 1993-1995.