The Heffernans at the White House
Dr. and Cristina spoke at the White House on December 7th, 2016 about ASSISTments and the importance of formative assessment.
Educational Data Mining
Dr. Heffernan, collaborating with Dr. Ryan Baker, discusses the impacts of data mining on education at the Cyberlearning Research Summit on January 18, 2012.
Dr. Heffernan explains the importance of Shared Scientific Instruments for the learning science fields. This talk was given on April 10, 2019.
Dr. Heffernan was interviewed by Columbia University for the EdLab Seminar on March 27, 2013.
- 2019: Dr. Heffernan gave a talk at the Israeli Symposium on Learner Analytics.
- 2016: Dr. and Cristina Heffernan gave a talk at the White House.
- 2016: Dr. Heffernan visited the White House to discuss ASSISTments. During this visit, Dr. Heffernan spoke on a panel related to using educational platforms to do science because of his op-ed for the Brookings Institute. Jeremy Roschelle gave a preview of the results of the evaluation SRI did of ASSISTments.
- 2016: TECH Talk at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- 2015: Dr. Heffernan hosted a webinar for the State of Maine.
- 2014: Dr. Heffernan gave a talk at Rice University's workshop on The Personalization of Learning.
- 2014: Dr. and Cristina Heffernan gave a talk at George Mason University. The talk slides are available for viewing.